Atlas Oyster House is proud to present the next installment of Atlas Beverage Classes (A.B.C.). This semester we will be focusing on breweries, wineries and distilleries, discovering what is going on in the beverage world. In addition to the beverage tastings, we will feature small plates paired with each beverage, as prepared by Chef Jason Hughes.
A.B.C. will be held outside, on the Deck, the first Thursday of the month (January through June) and will feature a local presenter discussing the highlighted beverages. Classes will consist of four tastings of beverages with four small plates to complement each tasting. Classes will cover the basics as well as specific information regarding the history of the brewery/winery/distillery and their beers, wines, or spirits. All beverages will be announced two weeks prior to the event.
There are two classes every month, each an hour and a half long. The first class begins promptly at 5:00 p.m. with the second class beginning at 7:00 p.m. Class cost is $30 per person (plus tax and gratuity), per class, which gets each participant one tasting of each of the featured beverages. In addition, throughout the class, participants should be prepared for “pop quizzes,” where we will be giving away T-shirts, beer glassware, gift certificates and more. Seating is limited, reservations are required; be sure to make yours by emailing email@example.com or calling 850-287-0200. The featured themes for each class are as follows:
January 4th: George Dickel Bourbon
Born 40 years after the signing of the Declaration of Independence, George A. Dickel was an established Nashville merchant when he entered the whisky business. Dickel grew his reputation for selling the smoothest, most mellow spirits in the region. Thus, Geo. A. Dickel & Co. was born and when the Cascade Hollow Distillery opened in 1878 in neighboring Coffee County, George Dickel bought a large share. It takes an extraordinary place to produce an extraordinary whisky, and the serene beauty of Cascade Hollow is present in every drop of their liquid. Since the very beginning, our unique spelling of ‘whisky’ without the ‘e’ speaks to the passion from which their brand was born. A drive to rethink American whiskey and elevate the experience to rival the world’s finest scotch whiskies. To this day, they continue the tradition of bringing new perspectives to their liquid legacy.
- Bourbon gravlax featuring house-cured salmon, bacon foam, shaved cucumber
- Dill havarti, Dutch gouda, smoked blue cheese, rye toasts, sour cherry jam
- Buttermilk-fried chicken thighs, cheddar-cornmeal waffle, orange-bourbon glaze
- Vanilla custard cream-filled eclair with hazelnut chocolate icing, malted barley caramel sauce and buttered popcorn trail mix
February 1st: Beers Around the World
Join us as we celebrate the rich history and culture of surrounding beer around the world! Immerse yourself in the world of beer as we celebrate the artistry and craftsmanship of brewing, provide a platform for tasting a wide variety of beers, and foster a sense of community among fellow local beer enthusiasts!
- Poutine featuring crispy fries, white cheddar curds, brown gravy
- Chicken tikka masala
- Grilled bratwurst, caramelized onion, grainy mustard, brioche bun
- TBD paired with lavender lemon square with shortbread crust and almond mousse
March 7th: Beach Drinks Canned Cocktails
LAB Distillery and Beach Drinks aims to cultivate a new wave of art & science expression through the liquid that is enjoyed by all. To this end, they are committed to producing excellence- never sacrificing taste for quality ingredients. The Lab is not just a company that produces excellent alcoholic beverages, they are a community of visionaries and dreamers who are dedicated to the endless process of learning & discovery.
- Jumbo Gulf shrimp, crispy coconut crust, mango pepper jelly
- Kalua pork featuring smoky roasted pork shoulder, braised cabbage, Hawaiian macaroni salad
- New England clambake featuring littleneck clams, Maine mussels, linguica sausage, new potatoes, corn on the cob
- Key lime pie ice cream with graham cracker cake, Maraschino cherries, and key lime sauce
April 4th: Tango Select Wines
Argentine Specialties believes that wine should stir happiness from the inside. They have taken the time to select only the finest grapes from the Mendoza region in Argentina. After about 3 years and hundreds of vineyards later, they are eager for you to try a glass of their wine. Cheers!
- Brie en Croute featuring baked brie, puff pastry crust, candied pecan, stone fruit jam
- The Eastwood Roll filled with grilled steak, cream cheese, avocado, sriracha mayo, sweet soy
- The Girl Next Door featuring jumbo Gulf shrimp. house-smoked tasso, roasted local corn, heirloom tomatoes, C & D Mill stone-ground rice grits, white wine-lemon butter
- Grapefruit madeleines with banana pudding and honey-roasted cashews
May 2nd: Herradura Tequila
Born in 1870, Casa Herradura is one of Mexico’s most historic and renowned tequila producers, since the 19th century in Amatitán, Jalisco. Within its walls, they craft and estate-bottle some of the finest tequilas anyone has ever tasted. It is here that they invented the first reposado and extra añejo, forever changing the world of tequila. And it is here, from the small town of Amatitàn in the heart of Mexico’s tequila region, that they continue to set the standard for what’s to come.
- Street corn dip featuring roasted local corn, Mexican spices, tortilla crust, cotija cheese
- Chili-marinated pork tenderloin, pineapple, local vegetables, guajillo chili glaze
- Chicken chilaquiles featuring pulled chicken breast, fried tortillas, tomato salsa, house guacamole, cumin sour cream
- Cinnamon sugar churros with tequila lime white chocolate fondue and salted caramel chews
June 6th: Florida Lovin, Beers of Florida
Join us as we celebrate the wide variety and creativity that brewers and beer aficionados have when it comes to brews in the Sunshine State! Florida is home to over 250 breweries. The state’s first brewery, Florida Brewing Company, opened in 1896. With a history of over a century of brewing, the Sunshine State is still on the rise in this industry and not slowing down!
- Cuban sandwich
- Caribbean conch fritters
- Florida oysters on the half-shell
- German chocolate cake with orange coconut pecan frosting and strawberry malted milkshake