Atlas Oyster House is proud to present our next installment of Atlas Beverage Classes (A.B.C.). This semester we will be focusing on handcrafted beers as well as featured spirit brands and our newest addition — cocktails with Josh Goldman, our very own beverage director. In addition to the beverage tasting, we will be featuring small plates paired with each featured beverage, as prepared by Fish House Chef Billy Ballou.
The classes will be held outside on the first Thursday of the month on the Deck Bar (weather permitting) each month from August through December and will feature a presenter discussing the highlighted beverages. Classes will consist of four tastings of beverages with four mini appetizers to complement each tasting. Classes will cover the basics as well as specific information regarding the history of the featured brewery/distillery and their beers or spirits.
There is one class every month, each an hour long. The class begins promptly at 6:00 p.m. Class cost is $20 per person (plus tax and gratuity) per class, which gets each participant one tasting of each of the featured beverages. In addition, throughout the class, participants should be prepared for “pop quizzes,” where we will be giving away T-shirts, beer glassware, gift certificates and more.
August 7: Fruity Brews: Fruit Focused/Infused Beers & Ciders
- Woodchuck Private Reserve “Pink” paired with chicken salad
- Blue Point Blueberry Ale paired with bacon, brie, and apple grilled cheese
- Kona “Castaway” IPA (mango & passion fruit) paired with sweet-marinated pork chop
- Pensacola Bay Brewery “DeSoto” Berliner Weisse (Raspberry) paired with chocolate ice cream topped with raspberries and homemade whipped cream
September 4: World Whiskeys From Around the Globe
- Collingwood paired with Reuben egg rolls
- Angel’s Envy paired with pork tacos and citrus slaw
- Dewar’s 12 Year paired with a cheddar, Swiss, Havarti and Gouda cheese plate
- Tullamore Dew paired with a whiskey ice cream float
October 2: Hopheads: An Overview of Pale Ales
- Dogfish Indian Brown Ale paired with a balsamic vinaigrette salad
- Anchor Brewing “Liberty” paired with goat cheese, fresh peaches, bacon, caramelized onions, and fresh basil flatbread
- Bell’s “Two Hearted Ale” paired with mac ’n’ cheese
- Samuel Smith Pale Ale paired with sweet potato fries with a cinnamon-honey glaze
November 6: House-made Infusions: Cocktails Using Infused Spirits
- Barracks Street Bramble (strawberry-infused gin) paired with strawberry salad
- Fish House “House ’Rita” (cucumber- and jalapeno-infused tequila) paired with homemade sweet salsa and tortilla chips
- “Bacon-Maple Old Fashioned” (bacon-infused whiskey) paired with dirty bacon rice and beans
- “Movie Night Cocktail” (popcorn-infused vodka) paired with homemade chocolate truffles
December 4: Tour of Scotland: Representations of the Regions of Scotland
- Auchentoshan 12 Year Single Malt (Lowland) paired with chorizo with a blue cheese sauce
- Glen Garioch Founder’s Reserve Single Malt (Highland) paired with meatballs
- McClelland’s Islay Single Malt (Islay) paired with bacon-wrapped stuffed dates
- Glen Grant 10 Year Single Malt (Speyside) paired with pumpkin pie
(Note – featured breweries/distilleries and menus are subject to change)
Seating is limited and reservations are required, so be sure to make yours by calling Lauren Smith, (850) 516-2324 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.